Job description: Shape the future of Uber’s development platform by driving product development that delights our engineers and ultimately enables them to ship code as fast as possible, while ensuring reliability & performance.
In this role, you will contribute to our mission of empowering Uber’s engineers to deliver apps and services at Uber’s pace and Uber’s scale.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Create product strategy and define the end-to-end development experience for Uber engineers across all Uber products.
- Develop highly scalable solutions with predictable SLAs across multiple apps and services involving a wide range of platforms and languages (Swift, Objective C, Go, Python, Java) for hundreds of teams and thousands of engineers working on a large codebase that’s growing rapidly
- Collaborate with a wide mix of infrastructure developers, distributed systems engineers, programming language researchers, data scientists, and machine learning specialists
- Move the needle on developer efficiency in a measurable way.
- A computer science undergraduate degree or other engineering degree equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience delivering highly successful and innovative developer efficiency platforms with your fingerprints all over them – you’re very proud of what you’ve accomplished
- Minimum 7 years of product management experience
- Strong understanding of Mobile/Services development and CI services/infrastructure technology
- Our processes and programs are data-driven and you should be adept in storytelling using data
- Worked in a Large Scale SaaS based environment
- Good in-depth knowledge of DevOps Concepts, Tooling and Metrics
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing .
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 22:13:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!