Job description: Agency Note: We are accepting 1099 & W-2 only.
Contract / Contract to hire
Remote is considered for exceptional candidates
Sr Cloud Developer API
Our client is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer – APIs to join the Digital Technology Team. You’re joining a multidisciplinary team of product managers, marketers, designers, and engineers who create digital products that hundreds of thousands of people experience every day
Direct W2 or 1099 Only
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Executes full product life-cycle (inception through deprecation) to create highly scalable and flexible RESTful APIs to enable an infinite number of digital products.
- Collaborates with other Engineers, Creative/UX designers, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Business Analysts and Architects.
- The SSE must have a strong and continuously growing proficiency in RESTful API development focused on Python and Node.js. This includes actively participating in designing, developing, reviewing, testing and deploying APIs (including supporting infrastructure) to drive our digital products.
“MUST HAVE” SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 3+ years of python server development using Django, Flask, Bottle or other python frameworks
- 5+ years’ industry experience
- Ability to write unit-tested and maintainable code
- Expertise working with and building RESTful APIs
- Expert in Python
- Knowledgeable in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), micro-services architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), DevOps principles, message queue systems, and background task management.
- Experience with API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Solid foundation and understanding of relational and NoSQL database principles.
- Well organized with a bias for action with minimal direction.
- A team player with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem-solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Understanding of OOP and Data Structures and know when to apply them in daily coding scenarios
- Message queues (RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc)
- Background task processing (Celery, etc)
- Experience configuring container like systems (Vagrant, Docker, etc)
- Basic understanding of modern web components (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Ability to self-organize with minimal guidance/competing priorities and work effectively within a team
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Large organization experience – Large Scale projects
- Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
EDUCATION: Bachelors/4 Yr Degree
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: 3+ Years
Location: Irving, TX
Job date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 22:41:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!