Job description: Summary
Scansource is looking to hire a senior developer to work as part of our Salesforce team. This team is leading the effort to fully leverage the Salesforce platform to drive solutions and address business opportunities for our internal and partner user base.
The qualified candidate will have a strong understanding of general software engineering concepts and be responsible for working on full lifecycle engineering efforts using Agile methodologies, object-oriented design, and accepted design patterns and practices. The candidate will also have a deep understanding of all types of standard Salesforce development and customization. This includes coding, unit testing, building applications, and creating and modifying existing applications. A strong candidate will also have a good grasp on DevOps methodologies and tools.
In addition to technical skills, a good candidate will show a strong ability to mentor junior team members, through design and code reviews, as well as helping them grow in non-technical areas such as communication.
This position will work alongside Salesforce Administrators and other business analysts, product managers, and subject matter experts across the organization.
Essential Job Duties
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform and products
- Provide detailed level of effort estimates for proposed solutions. Articulate the benefits and risks to a solution’s feasibility and functionality
- Develop, test, and document working custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a Salesforce implementation
- Integrate multiple systems with Salesforce, including internal proprietary and third-party applications
- Follow and understand Salesforce product and technical capabilities resulting from product releases and acquisitions
- Guide other team members in formulating requirements, advise on alternatives, and understand implications of various approaches and solutions
- Coach and mentor junior technical and functional team members
- Contribute to overall code quality by performing solution and code reviews for fellow developers
- Continuous improvement of development processes such as Agile, CI/CD, etc.
- Communicate effectively with a globally distributed team
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- 5+ years of Salesforce development experience
- Salesforce Platform Developer I certification required; additional developer certifications preferred
- Proficiency with Salesforce declarative development and configuration including modification of standard and custom objects and fields, workflow, flows, sharing settings, permission sets, etc.
- Strong experience in Apex, Visualforce, and Lightning development, design, configuration, testing and deployment of Salesforce solutions
- In depth knowledge of REST APIs and experience building integrations into and out of Salesforce
- Experience with ETL tools and data migrations preferred
- Experience with implementing DevOps practices and improving development operational efficiency preferred, particularly as applies to a Salesforce environment
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
- Ability to be physically in attendance at workstation at during normal business hours designated for this position.
ScanSource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CCPA Applicant Notice
Location: Greenville, SC
Job date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 23:10:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!