Job description: McClatchy is seeking a talented Sr. Systems Developer (DevOps) for our innovation-focused, product-driven, technology team.
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
Learn a little bit about us:
McClatchy IT creates, deploys, and maintains software that powers over seventy periodical Web sites, including miamiherald.com, charlotteobserver.com, and newsobserver.com (Raleigh, NC). Our entire infrastructure is hosted and monitored in enterprise-class data centers and the cloud.
Additionally, McClatchy IT supports all of the Web sites with hands-on technical training, consulting services, and 24/7 customer service.
A Sr. Systems Developer at McClatchy IT designs, implements, and maintains infrastructure solutions in support of the company’s content management system, supplemental applications and open source tools that power the McClatchy Company’s numerous Websites.
Systems Developers work closely with the development team and the full technical staff. They are essentially the bridge between application development and system administration functions and responsibilities.
Preferred location is the Raleigh, NC area, however, we may be open to remote work within the US
- Implement and expand configuration management infrastructure
- Design and implement solutions to increase automated software deployment
- Design and implement solutions to increase application performance, monitoring and data collection
- Perform root cause analysis in cooperation with other team members, recommend and implement improvements to systems and applications
- Interface with technology and development teams to incorporate requirements and deliver infrastructure components
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various system resources
- Creation of documentation for both developer and end-user consumption
- Providing training to other developers, technology and customer service personnel
- After hours availability for emergency issues.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization
- 4-6 years of professional system administration / DevOps / programming experience
- Experience with configuration management concepts and tools (Puppet, Salt, Kubernetes, etc).
- Experience with a revision control system (e. g. Git, Subversion)
- Strong Linux administration skills
- Strong software package and deployment experience (docker or rpm a plus)
- Expert Unix or Linux scripting, specifically BASH (python and ruby a plus)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, electrical or computer engineering, physics, or mathematics is preferred but not required
- Experience with system-level software development (in C, Go, C++)
- Experience with MySQL (or similar relational database) development, tuning and deployment
- Experience with web hosting in large-scale environments
- Experience with additional web technologies (Docker, Memcached, Varnish, Tomcat, Akamai, Solr etc)
- Familiarity with Web Services in a Service Oriented Architecture
Want to learn more?
Visit our website: www.McClatchy.com
Check out some of our iconic brands:
Location: Raleigh, NC
Job date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 07:29:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!