Job description: Leica Biosystems’ mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. We’re a global leader in cancer diagnostics with the most comprehensive portfolio from biopsy to diagnosis. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence.
Our associates know that every moment matters when it comes to cancer diagnostics. When you come to work, you’re helping develop solutions that enable accurate diagnoses to turn anxiety into answers. Join our diverse, global team of talented people, and be inspired to grow every day.
Leica Biosystems is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Diagnostics Companies at Danaher. Together, we’re working at the pace of change to improve patient lives with diagnostic tools that address the world’s biggest health challenges.
The Strategic Health System Executive is the key system-facing contact at Leica Biosystems who represents our full pathology solutions portfolio. This position develops and leads strategic selling initiatives in collaboration with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams within targeted accounts and Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs).
This role builds customer relationships and strategic dialogue with key decision makers at the IDN corporate headquarters and within target accounts while also leveraging the current Leica Biosystems footprint to drive new business opportunities by acting as the brand ambassador to the customer and the single point of contact to the organization.
The Strategic Heath System Executive is responsible for achieving sales growth through strategic account objectives, providing comprehensive customer business reviews, and communicating to the locally supported Regional Sales Managers, Sales Specialist, Service Engineers and Field Application Specialists that can be called in to facilitate the technical components of the selling process.
- Achieve annual product sales goals set for the territory while working proactively in coordination with and mentoring local and regional teams cross-functionally.
- Work proactively and independently in coordination with local and regional teams on account strategy, planning and execution (strategy session meeting). Consistent communication to sales teams, leadership, applications and service (ie. AMP Strategy Session Team Calls and end of week email communication). Provide regional guidance and mentorship routinely. Ability to gain followership and lead without direct authority to drive results with internal stakeholders.
- Maintain and train others on accurate AMP profiles and customer data in SFDC. Attend and influence Sales Specialist on SFDC opportunity funnel calls by gaining alignment on funnel stage and next steps.
- Lead and assist others with achieving high levels of customer satisfaction through delivery and coordination of sales and support assistance
- Independently create, coordinate and perform Customer Business Reviews that identify and incorporate opportunity strategy alignment on customer plan in tandem with local team to include all product verticals, applications and service with coaching. Mentor and teach process to colleagues. Proactively sharing standard work and best practices with team.
- Responsible for negotiating and drafting new agreements to protect and expand the company’s business within the territory.
- Owns the RFP/RFI process where applicable and is responsible for sharing it with all team members (including but not limited to Reps, RMs, Directors, VP, Marketing, Operations and Legal) and planning the timely submission to the customer.
- Drive prospective and current customers to increase Leica Biosystems’ influence and presence across account base.
- Drive and own competitive activities and strategies
- Proactive advanced usage of Strategic Selling tools (Blue Sheets) in a team setting (with the ability to mentor effectively)
- Mastery and coaching ability use of DBS, LBS Tools (DOMO, Showpad, TBR, etc.) with the ability to turn data into action and share best practices.
- Mastery of Vision 24 and Executive presentation of product portfolio and capability and willingness to mentor and teach, and assist product management with VOC.
- Capabilities to solution sell other business verticals (basic understanding) by leveraging cross-vertical team.
Required Education, Experience, Skills
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience required. Degree in scientific and/or healthcare focus strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of increasingly complex sales experience in medical device, life science and healthcare (in consumables and/or capital) industries.
- Demonstrates and applies expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline; with an understanding of related disciplines
- Applies understanding of key business drivers to prioritize and accomplish own work
- Solves problems in straightforward situations independently; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience, judgment, and precedents
- Prior capital sales experience (instrument only- desired skill)
- Proven time management skills
- Proven contract negotiation and high-level selling experience, or selling in a matrixed environment
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM software
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrate leadership, mentorship, exemplary work ethic and model behavior consistent with Danaher Core Values amongst peers, across the BUs, and cross functional teams.
- Ability to travel 50-75% as well as overnight travel for territory coverage (if applicable) and/or for company meetings.
Given the essential job duties of this position, the employee is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and applicable law.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available .
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Job date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 05:14:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!